Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Success Loves Speed

 

Success Loves Speed

 


Have you heard of the phrases "money loves speed" or "success loves speed"?

It's something I've read a lot.

Marketers use it as a sales pitch to persuade prospects to act right away.

Some people use it as a source of encouragement to keep them from procrastinating.

But, success loves pace,' in my opinion, is not a sales pitch or a motivational quote.

My understanding is that when an idea hits, we must move quickly before the next door closes behind us.

The law of attraction will begin to function when we have a specific target in mind. 

We might get an idea to do something out of nowhere. 

When this happens, we must act quickly for two reasons.

1) The concept is a goal that you must achieve. The quicker you finish it, the sooner you'll be able to see the next goal.

You must not only complete it quickly, but you must also give it your all; otherwise, the next idea will not come.

Life is like a game, which is fascinating. You can't step on to the next stage until the current one is over.

Many people are trapped in life because they didn't give it their all or because they procrastinate to an unhealthy degree.

2) If you do not act quickly, the window of opportunity will close.

My mother was really concerned when I was in my early twenties and had been jobless for more than a year (I left after reading Think And Grow Rich, LOL). She knew I wouldn't listen to her, so she suggested I speak with a wealthy businessman who was a friend of my father's.

I did it because I had a business idea that needed to be funded!

My father's friend later became a business associate in my first venture.

Why did he want to team up with a complete noob like me?

He, too, had a reason.

He had a son who was roughly my age. He wasn't inspired to work because he was born with a silver spoon. My father's friend was looking for someone to work with his son and inspire him, and that's when I stepped in.

This chance may have been lost if I had waited.

Despite the fact that this opportunity cost us $50,000 in our first business venture, it taught me a valuable lesson.

In addition, that classmate of my father's became a close friend and mentor to me. He'd taught me a lot about business and investing from him.

Returning to today's subject, success adores pace.

If you have a specific target in mind, you can act quickly on any new ideas that come to mind.

The next idea will come when you finish one and learn the lesson.

You simply keep working on the next concept and studying the lessons before you reach your target.

 

#succeswithdrjerrythefirst


16 comments:

  1. Success truly loves pace. I think I'm at the same stage in your twenties that you wanted to go out and explore based on the vision of the business you had.

    Sometimes it feels like the I've finished learning from this stage and I want to just proceed to the next stage cos of the confidence I've that I've learnt and I'm ready to explore. I hope to be successful and great too.

    Thanks Dr Jerry the first for sharing. If you hadn't made it as you believed, you wouldn't have taken that bold step nor would you have been here now sharing this story with us via your platform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to read from you and to know of the vision you have. The 20s are the best time to make a decision to be rich and then follow up such a decision by investing in genuine opportunities that come ones way

      Delete
  2. ODIMEGWU ODIRA FrancisMay 5, 2021 at 6:04 PM

    The earlier the better. That's why we must make the haste why the sun shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always good to be well informed in one's youth so that one can prepare ahead. Making haste while the sun shines is the thing to do

      Delete
  3. Nice piece, thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  4. The motivation has not only position us to be business minded and active but has framed our mindset to accept businesses whenever they open up.

    Right away, we are surfing around for great businesses to tap from. Not only that,we are grooming our self for positive risks and investments geared at exploring riches.

    Thank you sir for rejuvenating a spirit of thinking greatness and adding flare to the strides in life.

    Thank you sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever we are on earth and whatever we are not are all products of our thoughts and mindset

      Delete
  5. Opportunities don't come our way every time.So when they do,we must make the best use of them timely otherwise such oppory may not come our way again.Act and make use of every opportunity that comes your way.Action is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome piece with power packed information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome
      I do hope you picked one or two lessons from the piece

      Delete
  7. It is usually very easy to start with the high spirit of creating impact and all that, but the funny thing is this, it gets to a point where the clicking of the clock tend to have stopped and then we have to decide if we will keep pushing or want to give up. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel and it's only when we persevere we see the light and enjoy it. Life itself is not easy, but we will keep pushing until we get there. Thank you for this sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no manual available at birth how anyone can live this life BUT people who made impact have gone ahead but before leaving they left their foot prints in books and whoever reads and understands would be able to chart a course for a meaningful life. One of the best pieces of advise ever given is when you decide to do a thing, no matter how many troubles you have on the way, if you persevere, you would be a success

      Delete
  8. Dr. Dennis Ekwedike : Great stuff ! Aristotle once said that the life of action is better than passive amusement. We must act fast on business ideas that come to our minds so as to cash on the numerous opportunities that abound.

    ReplyDelete