Thursday, August 27, 2020

The Truth - 33

 





The Truth - 33

 

 

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

 

 

I have lived long enough to understand that everything in life is not about me but if it directly concerns me, then it is about me and no one else.

I am surprised at how people take things personally that in no way would contribute to their good health or their wealth.

Just yesterday, I read a post made by a virtual friend of mine on his timeline concerning the on-going conventions of the Republican and Democratic Parties in the US, and how he was going all strong for DD calling him all manner of praise names and denouncing JB for being this and being that.

I made what I thought was an innocent comment  to the effect that - "just as a coin has two faces, every story, always has two narratives and for anyone to be a good judge, he should be open to listen to both narratives"

And it was as if I had accidentally opened up the bee hive.

The guy descended on my comment as if we were sworn enemies. He made so many unpalatable remarks about the comment and the commenter (that is me).

I could literally feel the venom in his words.

I was naturally shocked because nothing in my comment gave away my position on the contests in the US because candidly I have none and even if I had, I am neither a voter nor a campaign strategist for any of the Candidates.

I was going to react to his frustration loaded remark on my comment but suddenly I found myself cooling off because I remembered that i do not sweat the small stuff.

That remark on my comment though referred to me directly but it was not really about me, it was about the poster's trajectory, his own reality, and so long as he has that mindset that someone is God sent to the US to make a difference, there's nothing I can do about it.

If you are in Nigeria and you are sweating profusely and foaming saliva in the mouth over discussions about elections that would happen in the US where you are neither a resident nor would be voting, you need to take my 2nd Mind Course.

Now, that is  *the Truth, the WHOLE Truth and nothing but the Truth*

--------------------------Jerry -the First

Follow me on Twitter  = Click on this LINK

 

#TheTruth

#TheWholeTruth

#NothingButTheTruth




14 comments:

  1. One of our readers dropped this comment in reaction to this post
    Read and share your own reaction

    "Your last paragraph is not exactly right. Who presides over the US has serious implications for everybody around the world. I give you examples:

    Obama's actions in Libya in 2011 toppled Gadaffi and crippled Libya. In the aftermath of that all kinds of terrorists spilled from Libya into Sub-saharan Africa, with Nigeria, Kenya and some other countries hardest hit.

    Bush's policies deposed Saddam Hussein and Iraq has never known peace after its invasion by the US.

    With the demise of the Soviet Union, the US is the only cock that crows on the international scene, so by proxy, we all are US citizens. Therefore it would be foolhardy for people to be disinterested in who becomes the next POTUS."

    Do you really thin we are all US citizens by proxy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning sir , I think that is his own opinion, but as for NO

      Delete
    2. Yes
      The man is entitled to his own opinion
      And has a right to express same

      Delete
  2. Yes, it's a globalised world. An event in one corner of the world can reverberate to the contra-polar turfs. ..America is a major player

    #onahstan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While it is true that with the internet, the world has become a global village but that does not translate to citizenship.
      Anyone who is not a US citizen cannot vote in the US elections and no matter how much he agonizes over the candidates, he cannot make a difference

      Delete
  3. The fact that US is one of the leading nations in the world doesn't make us their citizens, their power and decisions may have some effects in some nations but still that doesn't make us their citizens... I think it's a personal opinion, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you completely #Chukwuebuka
      Only US Citizens can do something about the elections and get their preferred candidate elected.
      Any other person troubling themselves about that election is only wasting their time

      Delete
  4. Though there are hidden truth in his assertion that we should be concerned about who becomes the next president of the United States of America. The fact is that one way or the other, the global effect of decisions made or to be made by such person will affect us as a whole. Our attitude of junketting all over the world will be our greatest undoing since if the policy sets the world on fire, we will be consumed in it. We need to be more concerned about who rules us that who rules USA though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great write up here #Semiyu
      I agree with you that Nigerians should focus their attention on what is happening in their own Country than dissipate energy on what is happening in the US where they can have no influence at all

      Delete
  5. Dr Semiyu Olagolden is the LIFEDISHES writer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I strongly agree that we're US Citizens by proxy. Maybe until there's a change in the world where the phenomenon "world power" doesn't affect the conditions of other nations (just like the decisions of the President of Nigeria doesn't necessarily affect the US), then we can care less for who becomes the POTUS.

    However, since our votes do not count since we have no right to vote, what can we do? I suggest we (our leaders especially) learn through an observation of the systems they operate which works for them; we (all well meaning individuals) add our public voice (via social media and media handles) to kick against whatever policy that any US president intend to implement which could devalue humanity; then lastly, we become watchful who emerges meanwhile the religious conscious amongst us become prayerful over this condition that God may bring a leader that would cherish and uphold God's desire for the flourishing of mankind on earth.

    This last point goes down well with Trump when compared to Hilary Clinton since she's from an "Obama Democratic Party" which favours gay and abortion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow
      these are very strong views #Paschal
      However it is good that you also provided a lee way for Nigerians
      There's no point dissipating energy in the wrong direction and for the wrong purpose
      Nigerians are not Americans and vice cersa

      Delete
  7. I can appreciate his sentiments, the POTUS has tremendous global influence and most people will be interested in the coming elections. But most of us will be onlookers and cannot actually influence anything.
    It's alright to be take an active interest but don't go making enemies because of it particularly when one is not a US citizen and cannot vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for sure the POTUS is a very powerful and influential figure but Nigerians are not Americans and are very very unlikely to influence the election of a US President
      We should concern ourselves with what concerns us

      Delete