Wednesday, February 17, 2021

A Little Stress Is Good For You BUT . . .

 



A Little Stress Is Good For You BUT . . .

 

it's amazing how stress affects the way we learn.

Although a little stress in your life can improve your memory...

A lot of it will stop you from processing new information and learning new things.

You feel overwhelmed.

It gets harder and harder to concentrate.

Studying becomes a titanic struggle.

I know because that used to be a big issue for me.

Back then, my business was starting to grow really fast.

All responsibilities were on me, and I felt pressured all the time to make things right.

There was always something to do.

A problem to fix.

A situation that needed my attention.

I felt like I was being pulled into a thousand directions every day.

It got to a point where I was so overwhelmed I just wasn't able to concentrate enough to learn new skills.

I was under a lot of stress every day and there was always a new crisis.

Let go of that and focus on learning new things just wasn't easy.

I just didn't know how to put my mind in a state of peace where I could absorb everything I was studying.

I had to find a way where I could calm down all the voices inside me.

A way I could calm my mind so I could concentrate and learn new things more efficiently.

To calm all the voices inside my head and focus just on learning.

That's when I found out about mindfulness.

What's that?

We focus our attention on the present moment and accept it without any judgment.

There's no right or wrong way about feeling about something.

We focus on neither the past nor the future.

Just the present.

That way, we shift our focus from all preoccupations and just appreciate what's happening now.

With mindfulness, we learn to accept our bad emotions and past experiences instead of denying them.

It's all about now.

I knew I needed to reduce my stress levels and improve my memory, so I decided to try it out.

Whenever I was about to study, I would do a couple of minutes of mindfulness meditation first.

I just couldn't believe what happened after that...

My stress levels went down

My concentration and memory improved.

It allowed me to calm down all those inner thoughts that were distracting me.

That storm of distractions inside my head had calmed down.

With that out of my way, my brain was free to absorb and process everything I was learning much faster.

It was so effective I still use it up to this day whenever I feel overwhelmed.

 

Try it out and see

 

#successwithdrjerrythefirst

Culled

10 comments:

  1. Dr. Dennis Ekwedike: Mindfulness is maturity in action because if one doesn't control the stress level, it complicates everything and the person is the actual loser. Thanks for giving us your formula. I will inculcate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to read from you Doctor Dennis
      Yes. that is the formula to overcoming stress and developing momentum to achieve fantastic results

      Delete
  2. Focusing on the present. Thank you for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes
      Focusing on the present, that is called living in the moment
      We stress too much because we are always projecting into tomorrow, into the future forgetting that the future is being made in the now

      Delete
  3. Mindfulness,a great tool in overcoming stress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindfulness is the art of living in the now and not being bothered about yesterday or tomorrow. Just being conscious that the present is what matters most and which would make all the difference

      Delete
  4. I'm passing through that kind of stress now...God help me this process work for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to knew that you recognize the stress you're passing through. it is our hope that this resource shall be of great help to you

      Delete