Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Why Hard Work Will Not Bring You Success



By Alex Ooi

Let me tell you a story of a senior of mine from my secondary school and let us call him Tim.

Tim is the co-founder of a social media company listed in Australia. Few days back, he shared his story which I feel is very thought-provoking.

You see, we have always been brought up to believe that hard work equals success, be it in studies or sports.

And when we grow up and join the working society, we often hear successful people attribute their success to hard work.

But over the years, Tim started to think otherwise.

He was often asked what is his secret to success and most if not all were expecting that he would answer hard work or perseverance etc.

Makes sense, right?

But his answer is "I agree that hard work and perseverance is part of the journey but it is more a requirement than a reason for success."

Because there are so so so many people who work hard but yet are successful.

Because if hard work equal success, his Filipino maid who works literally every waking hour and surely works harder than him, would have been interviewed by journalists.

Or the foreign workers labouring under the scotching hot sun in construction fields in Singapore.

What is his secret of success?
 
Well, he said it is luck.

​Surprising and shocking, isn't it.

He explained, for example, he was born in relatively good
circumstances but he indeed did nothing to earn or deserve it.

He was simply lucky.

Or when he was given the opportunity to do business
upon his graduation, he was lucky enough to grab it.

But there are many people who do not have the luck to
capitalise of opportunities even when they spotted them.

"If anyone asks me why I am successful, my answer is that
it is not because I work harder than anyone else. 
Yes, I work hard but more importantly, I have been lucky.

His story reminds me of destiny.

And here's the thing Ike.

Do you believe in destiny?

Or do you believe in creating your own destiny?

What if I told you that you could decode your ultimate destiny in minutes so that

  • You can predict upcoming challenges and lucrative opportunities
  • You can follow through on your goals without any hesitation or uncertainty
  • You no longer waste time on goals that don’t stick nor endure heartbreaking surprise let-downs
  • And you will always make the right decision especially major life decisions and big plans
  • Would you believe me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment