Saturday, March 11, 2017

Stop This Habit Right Now!!!!







Do you have the habit of comparing yourself with others?

If you do, there is a good chance that you are comparing yourself to someone who has done better than you.

"Johnny scored higher for the class test than me.... again."

"My boss does the same job as me, but her pay is a lot more than mine. Unfair huh?"

"Brad has rich parents, that's why he can stay jobless. Wished I had that kind of luck."

Notice the bit of negative energy that is associated when you compare with people who are "better" than you?

You can be awesome at what you do, and be well loved by your friends...

but as long as you make unnecessary comparisons with what others are better at, you will never be truly happy.

I have to admit - I am a fiercely competitive person.

I used to compare myself with others when I was younger and more aggressive (and more ignorant
too, haha).

But now my biggest competitor is myself.

I always ask myself 2 questions.

1) Am I better than myself 1 year ago?

2) What can I do today to make myself better in 1 year's time?

I don't care about other people's achievements.

Now, friends earning big money has nothing to do with me - Good for them, but I'm more concerned about increasing my income.

If I have the energy to criticize other people's achievements (and their rich daddies)...

then I certainly should convert the energy to do something useful for my personal growth.

So how do you break the habit of comparing yourself to others?

You just have to consciously stop yourself when you are about to compare.

Sounds easier than done?

All of us have our strengths and weaknesses.

You are happy while he is smart. It's comparing apples to oranges, so why make your life miserable? 

Life is a long journey - get yourself ready for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment