Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year Resolutions - Did You Make Any?




Every year at about this time, a lot of people set on paper what they intend to drop and what they intend to pick up in the new year.

I remember years ago, when I was still trying to understand life and the process of living, I never really was into new year resolutions because for me then, it was easier written than done. 

What I mean is that it was easy to write down all the things in the world that I was doing "wrong" and would love to drop and the ones that I actually would love to take on; but no sooner the resolutions were made than they were broken.

I considered it then as an exercise in futility.

But when I turned 18 so many years ago, I came to realize that it was not the paper on which the resolutions were written that actually made it difficult for me to keep, but my mindset. I realized that I was the one sabotaging my own efforts at being a "better" person and so I told myself that I needed to 'alter my mindset" and I did that.


For over 50 years since then, no year has passed by without my resolutions being written out on paper and without me going all out to ensure that I keep to them.

And as the years have gone by, my resolutions have continued to drop in number, no longer about things to drop, guess all the habits are set now; but more on what to give and how to give it.

That's it

And so, how about you?
Do you make resolutions?
Have you found it worth the while?
or do you think it is an exercise in futility?

Share your opinion with me

And have a wonderful day

Dr. Jerry - the First: JP

#DrJTF

0 comments:

Post a Comment