Thursday, March 3, 2016

God Will Make A Way







I love that song by Don Moen that reads in part

"God will make a way
where there seems to be no way
He works in ways
we cannot see
He will make a way for us
He will be our Guide
Hold us closely to His side
with love and strength for each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way"

That song strengthened me as a person some years back when it appeared like the locusts and the termites had invaded my path and gave me no space to operate.

I kept at that song, I kept at God and then just when I thought the end was close, He lifted me off that path and put me down on a new path that led me to where I am today.

The story is told of a blind beggar who daily went up to the steps of a Cathedral to beg for alms and how he used to receive few coins and even fewer notes.

Every day for many days, he would tread the worn pathway to the Cathedral and would sit at the corner where he usually sat to beg for alms and would go home in the night not being happy with what he got but still thanking God that he got something at all.

It turned out that he always carried the write up "help me I am blind" and since that did not provoke emotional attachment to the people, it did not attract much help.

Then one day, God wrought a miracle in his life, he had gone up to the spot where he usually sat, he heard some feet approaching him and thought to himself that he was going to receive his first alm for the day but it turned out that the person took the write up he had in his hand and gave him another and not quite 10 minutes after that exchange, he heard a kind of rush of feet towards him, he feared for his life but all he heard was the noise of coins dropping into his collection plate and it continued like that for a long time that day.

By the time he was ready to go home that night, he counted his taking and observed that it was more than 6 times what he had ever taken from that spot.

He wondered what was on the cardboard he carried that turned around his fortune.

The following day, on his way to the Cathedral steps, he accosted someone on the path and asked him to read for him what was on the cardboard and here was what someone had helped him to write on the cardboard - "The Sun is high in the sky, you can see its brightness but unfortunately I cannot because I am blind and live in the world of external darkness"

Those were the words that drew people to the blind man because they could associate with his predicament since they are better than him.

Thus it was that when the blind man's old cardboard was no longer bringing in expected intake, God used someone to change the cardboard that gave the blind man a new lease of life.

Are you passing through life's struggles right now and no help is coming from any corner, don't give up yet, our God is a God of miracles and there's no understanding His Ways.

He makes all things good in His own good time

Have a wonderful day


#DrJTF









8 comments: