Friday, August 28, 2015

Stay True To Yourself

This Post is for BEST COMMENTER CONTEST

I have a reasonable number of "friends" on facebook - 9/10th of who I don't know in real life.

Of that 9/10th of persons in my facebook friends list who I don't know in person, 7/8th of them have profiles that shout it all out.

What do I mean?

I always regularly visit the profiles of my facebook friends to know who they really are and most of them give out information that are not real and can not be confirmed.

And most times, it starts from the profile name - I have met persons with very funny kind of names and when I sought to know the meanings of their names, they tell me that they are not their real names and in my innocence I inquire why they don't use their real names and what I get is "you won't understand" and since I don't like "faking" in any form, I go ahead to delete such.

Lots of people claim to be CEOs
I have met a number of persons (and that's quite a number) who claim to be CEOs of Companies; but my curiosity on this matter was actually brought out one day when one of the persons who claimed to be a CEO was asking me for recharge card on, I was shocked to say the least. So when I asked how a big guy like him who is a CEO of a Company can condescend to ask me for recharge card - he told me "Oga, don't mind what I wrote there, na "forming" things!!!!!, another one even told me that his Company is still in the future!!!!!

So I ask myself, why would anyone claim to be what they are not? If you don't say how it is with you, how would you expect to get help?

Most people do not know that Employers of labour are also on facebook and other social media and that they look for genuine persons online with a good reputation to employ!!!

So if you are already a CEO, then why are you still looking for "job?"

But the one that pisses me off most of the time is persons claiming to be where they are not. Someone who has never left otueke in his life time, would claim on facebook that s/he is living in Europe or America.

One experience of mine that was particularly funny happened some 3 months ago. Some guy sent me an add request which I accepted and then in the course of chatting, he said he would want to meet me because he wanted to learn the online businesses I train people on, direct from me and not through my online teachings/trainings but that he does not live in Nigeria and so does not know how to go about it. I asked him where he was and he said that he is living in Edmonton - Canada (which was what he wrote on his profile) and that excited me because then I was running a program at Edmonton and how refreshing it would be to meet a fellow Nigerian in a foreign land, so I asked further of which side of Edmonton he was staying and he gave me an address that was quite close to the hotel I was staying -- wow!!! that was too close for comfort, so I told him that I was actually staying at so so so Hotel but attending my program at the Institute (gave him the name and address of the Institute) and asked him to come to the Institute so that we can get acquainted and then plan something for the request he made. The guy wowed! and said it was okay for him. We agreed on the time to meet. I asked for his number but he said I should give him mine instead since he is the one to call (made sense to me) so I gave him my number to call when he gets to the Institute. And when the program for the day was ended, I sat at the Institute's lobby waiting for the guy. When the time we agreed on was up and there was no him neither a call from him, I decided to send him a message on facebook but to my greatest surprise, I could not locate him again in my list - he had DELETED HIMSELF from my list and had become another FACEBOOK USER. It hit me home that the guy might be another person "forming" claiming levels where he is yet to be. Maybe Canada is how own "futuristic" destination of residence -- lol

My friends, forming things is so expensive. When you tell a lie, you have to become a habitual liar to protect the first lie and so you have to always be on your guard because when your lie comes to the surface, you lose all trust and confidence you had built over a period.
But for the truth, it is always the truth. You don't have to protect it, it will always surface. When you tell the truth, even if you are woken up from a deep slumber, you would still say it as it was, you won't strain to remember it.

So why form?
why make unnecessary claims?
you are God's own work still in progress
if you want it, you can always have it but forming it or claiming it publicly when it is not yet there is just not it at all

Your online reputation matters as well as your offline reputation.

You might say no one is watching, but I tell you, someone is watching and you know that this world is a very small place, you never can tell when you would run into your facebook friend that you did not know in real life and then KPUM your claims would become vapour and mist

Today, make a decision to be real and genuine - it pays better dividends

Ciao


#DrJTF

1 comments:

  1. It takes strength and courage to admit the truth. If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.

    ReplyDelete