Monday, April 20, 2015

Are You Grateful?



Each morning I wake up from sleep, I stretch a little on the bed and do all the manouverings that people do when they wake up and then I look up and I say "Thank You Jesus"

I do that regularly, it has become a part of me.

The morning that I will not say Thank You Jesus is yet to come and as each morning continues to see me wide awake, so shall I continue to say it.

And why do I always say that as the first thing in the morning?
Over the years I have come to learn that thanking God first thing in the morning surely does set the pace for the day and gives it a better tone.

I say it because it surely signifies my gratitude to Him Who has power over my life and Who in His infinite mercy has allowed me to see another morning and not just seeing the morning but being in good health and having all those that I love and who love me around me - my family.

For the many years I consulted as a Medical Doctor, I had to deal with people who were in pains, who had terminal illness, who were on admission for various medical challenges; I had to deal with people who had fractures especially of the thigh and lower limb and had to have their legs hung on a rope - literally speaking. I had to deal with people who were full of life before entering the Theatre but who didn't come out alive. I had to deal with people dying right in my arms!!!!

So I learnt to thank God for the priviledge of being alive because I know that if He says it is over, then it is over and not one thing would anybody do about it.

Knowing that I am alive fills me with hope for better things to come - it's only the living that can hope, it's only the living that can buy and sell, it's only the living that can make money - the dead is gone and nothing consequential can be done by them again.

Every morning therefore fills me with renewed vigor to go out there and achieve. There are loads of things yet to be done and an expression of gratitude to God for what He has done, would surely make Him continue to look down with mercy and grace and do more.

So, how about you, are you ever grateful? or are you filled with resentment because you are not yet what you want to be? you don't yet have the quantum of  money that you want to have? you have not yet built the out- of- this- world mansion that you want to build? you are not yet able to show the world that you have finally arrived?

Share with me

And thank you for reading

Do keep in touch

#DrJTF

Your brother and friend

0 comments:

Post a Comment