Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MY FRIENDSHIP AWARENESS MONTH



MY FRIENDSHIP AWARENESS MONTH

Dear Friends

Like I had announced a week ago and followed up with reminders, today May 1 is the commencement of celebrating you – my online and real time friends here on facebook. I have styled it my Friendship Awareness Month.

I am quite aware that the World celebrates what it calls Friendship Day or Week, but I know that it is not enough to actually reach out and touch all our friends directly; that has informed my choice of the month of May.

Without friends in one’s life, one is really missing a lot, but such friends must be real and genuine friends who go beyond the call of duty to be by the side of their friend through thick and thin; not the fake, fair weather friends who are around only when the going is good but soon as the bad times hit, they scamper.

It is by programmes such as this that good friendships are formed.

Friendship is a choice just like living is; so if you don’t like someone, you can’t be forced to be his or her friend no matter what s/he is using to blackmail you into being one.

The major reason why I am doing this and which would last this whole month of May is that about 7/8th of my facebook friends do not know me in person and I also do not know them in person and we don’t chat here or discuss issues as expected because they are hardly online at the time I am and so no form of communication.

There are so many of my facebook friends who have not said hello again since they added me after the usual “thanks for the add”.

I feel that facebook friendship should actually help us to connect, contact, expand the borders, conquer frontiers, and enlarge the coasts and if you have been my friend for 6 months now and we have not said hello to each other online, then we need to re-examine the terms of engagement.

So in this month, I am going to reach out and touch ALL my facebook friends directly by group visits and indirectly by sms, phone calls, skype calls, fb inbox messages and group meetings.

I do hope I shall achieve that.

And like I said earlier, please keep your dogs chained so that they do not suffer injuries.

It is nice to have you as a friend

God bless

Dr. Jerry - the First

0 comments:

Post a Comment